We are pleased to announce this year’s winners for the second annual Java Jog for a Cause, held Friday morning, April 25 in Seattle’s Lake Union Park. More than 180 runners lined up on a beautiful Seattle morning for the fun run. This year’s race brought in more than $34,000 for the cause, surpassing it’s $30,000 goal for coffee women in the Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
Below are the top three winners for each of the 5K and 10K women’s and men’s finishers! Full results here.
- Harper McConnell, Eastern Congo Initiative, Goma, DR Congo (TIME: 40:24)
- Jamie Hamburg, Scooter’s Coffee, Omaha, NE
- Emi Kamura, Atlantic Specialty/ECOM, Hayward, CA
- Richard Bettles, Belaroma, Australia (TIME: 38:12)
- Ben Fischer, Stonecreek Coffee, Shorewood, WI
- Jun-Wan Tong, Westrock Trading Co, Littlerock, AK (Platinum Sponsor)
- Rebecca Singer, Coffee Kids, Chicago, IL (TIME: 23:28)
- Aine Garvey, independent traveler on holiday visiting from UK/Ireland
- Jessie Myszka, Equal Exchange, Portland, OR (Bronze Sponsor)
- Mike Mammo, Addis Exporters, Ethiopia (TIME: 18:48)
- Guy Burdett, Interamerican Coffee, Houston, TX (ran the Boston Marathon 4/21)
- John Cossette, Royal Coffee, Emeryville, CA
Congratulations to them and to all of the JavaJog finishers! We look forward to seeing you again next year in Seattle.